Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Goals....



Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and got to ring in 2015 with friends and family. In the days leading up to new year's eve I was reflecting on my goals for the upcoming year and here are my new year's goals:

1) Eat Healthier- I'm going to make a commitment to eating healthy 80% of the time and then I will allow myself to eat whatever I want 20% of the time. To me eating healthy means reducing my carb intake and incorporating more vegetables into my diet. One of the ways I plan on achieving this goal by replacing pasta or rice with spaghetti squash and quinoa. This isn't to say I will never eat rice or pasta again I just want to eat pasta and brown rice once a week instead of two or three times a week. I also plan on sometimes not having any grain with my dinner and instead having meat or seafood with a bigger portion of vegetables and a bowl of soup. Another way I plan on incorporating more vegetables into my diet is by cooking a vegetarian entrée for dinner once a week. Stay tuned for a lot of healthy recipes coming your way!

 2) Focus More Time and Energy On This Blog- I want to make a commitment to posting on this blog regularly. I'm hoping as time goes on and I start blogging more frequently my picture taking, cooking and writing skills will improve. If you have any tips or suggestions please feel free to write in the comment section below or email me at: megan.wormser@gmail.com. I have also decided to take this blog onto social media and created a twitter account and instagram account. You can find @megan_PGE on Twitter and MegansPartiesGoodEats on Instagram.  You can also follow my personal Pinterest boards for tons of party decor and recipe ideas.  I'm going to try to be very active on twitter and instagram so definitely make sure to follow me on Twitter, Instagram  and Pinterest to get a more in-depth look into my culinary journey and party ideas.

Some other goals I have for this blog include: eventually posting interviews with chefs from restaurants around the country (remember I mentioned that on this blog post), incorporating videos into the blog and I would love to eventually host lectures and demos with top food bloggers, dessert table stylists, party planners and well-known chefs. I'm anxious to see which of my lofty ambitions I'm able to achieve in 2015!

I thought I would end this blog post with a healthy recipe since I'm sure a lot of you are like me and want to make a commitment to eat healthier in this upcoming year.

Pan Seared Salmon with Kale and Apple Salad

Recipe & Picture Courtesy of: Food Network website

For more healthy recipe suggestions check out this Healthy Weeknight Dinners article from the Food Network website, Bon Appetit magazine's fifth annual Food Lover's Cleanse and Self.com's article Prep Once, Eat Healthy All Week.  What are some of your goals for 2015? share with me in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment