Monday, January 12, 2015

Let's talk about: soup recipes

During the freezing cold weather we have been having nothing is better or more satisfying than a warm bowl of soup. Soup is a perfect easy and filling lunch or side dish with dinner.   I enjoy making soup because with a few simple ingredients you can make a big batch of soup, which will last you a whole week.  Here are some great soup recipes:

1) Turkey, Kale and Brown Rice Soup

Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: People.com




















I love Giada De Laurentiis recipes and I'm looking forward trying this healthy soup recipe. This is a great soup to make if you have some leftover ground turkey meat from turkey burgers, chili or leftovers from thanksgiving dinner.

2) Creamy Cauliflower and Potato Soup with Shrimp
Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: Natasha's Kitchen




















Combining cauliflower and potatoes into one soup sounds like a winning combination to me. I also really like the addition of shrimp to give the soup some added protein.

3) Butternut Squash Soup
Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: Creme de la Crumb




















Butternut squash is my absolute favorite soup. It's sweet and creamy, my perfect combination. I like that recipe is very easy and simply requires microwaving the squash for a few minutes and then putting the squash and milk in a blender before heating up in pot with the remaining ingredients.

4) Tuscan White Bean Soup
I took the picture, Recipe: Everyday Windshield



















I made this soup over the weekend. I forgot to buy tomatoes so I made the soup without them and while the soup still tasted fine without the tomatoes the red from the tomatoes would have provided a nice color contrast to the white beans. My soup had a lot of broth and the white beans ended up sinking to the bottom of the pot, but the flavors from the rosemary and the addition of olive oil and  parmesan cheese made the vegetable broth taste delicious and made the white beans just an added bonus.



No comments:

Post a Comment