Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Good Eats: Thai Food Edition

I absolutely love Thai food: curry sauces, vegetables, noodles and rice I could eat thai food all day, everyday! When my friend Anna and I were deciding where to get dinner last friday of course my first thought was thai food so we ended up choosing Pure Thai Cookshop.

Top Left- Outside of Pure Thai Cook House, Top Right- Pad Kee Moa with Calamari
Bottom Left- Steamed Vegetable Dumplings - photo courtesy of; Grub Hub blog,
Bottom Right- Pad Woon Sen With Vegetables
I had tried to go to go to Pure Thai Cookshop once before, but since there was a wait and my friend and I had play tickets we decided to go somewhere else. This time when we arrived at Pure Thai Cookshop we were told there would be a 1/2 hour wait. Anna gave the hostess her cell phone number and we went to the bar next door to get a beer while we waited. In 1/2 hour we got a phone call that our table was ready and we headed back over to the restaurant. We decided to get the steamed vegetable dumplings to share as appetizer. the dumplings were delicious and the perfect way to start out our meal. The filling was made of tofu, peanut and garlic chips and all of those flavors worked well together. For my entree I decided to go with the Pad Kee Moa with Calamari. This dish consisted of: flat rice noodles, tomato, bok choy, snow peas, chili puree, thai basil and of course calamari. The dish was good and the chili puree definitely gave the noodles some heat. I enjoyed my dinner, but definitely think I should have chosen something different and either had gone with the Pad Woon Sen with vegetables, which is what Anna ordered, or one of the Pure Thai noodle dishes, such as the Pa-Yao beef noodle soup. For dessert we got the mango and sticky rice, which was outstanding. Overall, I enjoyed my meal at Pure Thai Cookshop and would definitely go back to try some different dishes.

I thought I would also share with you some thai recipes you can try at home.

1) Baked Spring Rolls
Photo & Recipe courtesy of: Plant Eaters Plate

2) Pad See Ew
Photo & Recipe courtesy of: RecipeTin Eats

3) Coconut Curry Noodles

Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: Considering Campbell

4) Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup


Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: Taste, Love and Nourish

5) Coconut Rice with Mango
Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: Cooking with Trader Joe's

Can't find the ingredients listed in the recipes above?  click here to find out where to find thai ingredients in NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment