Friday, December 12, 2014

DIY Holiday Gifts

This past Thursday was my office holiday party. I had a conundrum i'm sure many of you have also faced, what to give your work colleagues. I wanted something homemade and simple so I decided to make peppermint white chocolate chip cookies. I used this recipe from closet cooking blog. The cookies turned out great, but I had quite the experience baking the cookies. Before I started baking I didn't really process how many cookies I would have to make in order to have enough  for the 13 people in my office. I had to go to the grocery store four times in order to have enough ingredients to quadruple the recipe.  I also didn't have big enough bowls so it was extremely difficult to mix the ingredients. Despite all the set backs I was determined to make the cookies and eventually I succeeded in making 60 cookies. I decided to package the cookies in clear treat bags with these labels and red bakers twine.


 If you still are looking for the perfect DIY gift to give your work colleagues, friends or family I have included some ideas below.

1) My favorite DIY gift is baked goods in a mason jar. Here are some recipes for cookies, toffee blondie bars, santa's cookies in a jar, pumpkin cranberry bread and chocolate chip banana bread. I love that you can have fun and make some pretty labels for the jars. This is the perfect gift for the person who enjoys baking.



2) Another nice DIY gift option is hot chocolate in a jar. Here is a recipe from Love Grows Wild blog.  I'm a huge hot chocolate fan so to me this is the perfect gift. You can also add a mini bottle of baileys to give someone a spiked hot chocolate gift pack. 


3) A third DIY gift option is peppermint pampering gifts in a jar. I found this idea on thegunnysack.com. Another super cute idea with pretty labels, I'm a sucker for good packaging. 



What are some of your go-to DIY holiday gifts? share with me in the comments. 







1 comment:

  1. These are stunning holiday gifts. Thanks my friend for the ideas. Well, I am going to organize a corporate holiday partyfor my staff and looking for the gift ideas. I would like to buy some useful stuff for them. So please share some ideas!

    ReplyDelete