Sunday, December 14, 2014

Cookie Decorating & hot chocolate bar holiday party

Yesterday night I had my friend Anna over for cookie decorating and spiked hot chocolate.  I looked on pinterest for different cookie decorating and hot chocolate bar ideas. Below is the inspiration I based my party off of.


Luckily enough both of the parties I liked the best had free party printables attached to the blog posts so I was able to get all of the labels and signage for my party for free. You can find the hot chocolate bar "baby it's cold outside" signage here  and the labels here.  I loved the chalkboard look of the printables and the black labels looked great with the red bakers twine.  I also used the Hot Cocoa Bar add your fixings signage, which is part of the Cookies and Cocoa printable package that I link to below.






I was very happy with how my hot chocolate bar turned out. I decided to set up my hot chocolate bar in my kitchen because we had to microwave the hot chocolate. For my hot chocolate bar I tied the cup of cheer labels with red bakers twine around my white coffee mugs. I bought green and red straws from michaels, which I put in the mugs as well. I put the instant hot chocolate, white chocolate chips, crushed peppermint and mini marshmallows in mason jars, which I also tied with the labels. I also had carmel sauce, which I tied the label directly to the jar.  I wanted to have the option of spiking the hot chocolate so I bought peppermint schnapps and baileys irish cream. 




Above are pictures of the cookie decorating table from the party. The cookies and cocoa printables can be found here. For the cookie decorating table I had green, red and white icing, white chocolate chips, a little crushed peppermint and green and red M&M's.  I bought gingerbread molasses cookie dough from trader joe's and rolled the dough out and cut with cookie cutters. Using store bought cookie dough is a great time saver when making holiday cookies. I also had Trader Joe's peppermint JoJo's on my table and a brownie pecan pie, which I will discuss in a future blog post.  Stay tuned for more holiday party ideas coming up this week!  What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?








1 comment:

  1. Cookie Decorating & hot chocolate bar holiday party!! That truly looks fantastic. I am so pleased to have these inspirations. These would be extremely useful for me as I want to throw a fun Xmas holiday party at some outdoor event venues in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete