Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Valentine's Day Dessert Ideas

Now that it's officially February valentine's day is on everyone's mind so I thought in today's blog post I would share some fun valentines day dessert ideas. Whether you are making these sweet treats for a special someone or just want to bake something that's fun and festive these ideas will definitely put you the valentine's day spirit.

 1) Red Velvet Crepes



















Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: Duhlicious 

Red velvet crepes with mascarpone filling, yes, please! These crepes are perfect for a special valentine's day breakfast or work equally well as a dessert.

2) X's & O's cupcakes




Photo & Recipe Courtesy of:  MarthaStewart.com 

These cupcakes are super easy and don't require many ingredients: cake mix, frosting and cinnamon candies or red M&M's. I love ideas like this that are festive and easy to replicate.

3) Conversation Heart Cheesecakes



















Photo & recipe courtesy of: Hungry Happenings

These are absolutely adorable. I love the bright colors! I have seen the silicone heart molds at Michael's arts supply stores a few times and am always tempted to buy the molds to give this recipe a try. The recipe doesn't seem overly difficult, I just question whether or not my lettering would turn out as nicely as in the blog post.


4) Mini Cakes



















Photo & recipe Courtesy of: Oh Nuts! 

These are really fun and don't require any baking! This is just whipped cream, and chocolate wafers and then are refrigerated for three hours. Then you can have fun decorating the cakes with all different kinds of red and pink candies and cookies. This would be a really fun activity to do with kids.

5) Red Velvet Whoopie Pies 





















Photo & recipe courtesy of: Annie's Eats

Yes, I just had to include another red velvet recipe, what can I say it's one of my obsessions. I like that this recipe is versatile. You can either make the whoopie pies into hearts or you can make things easier on yourself and make the whoopie pies round and more like cookies.

Check out Buzzfeed's article "20 Valentine's Day Ideas That Won't Make You Want To Vomit" for some more valentine's day dessert ideas.

What are your plans for valentine's day? share with me in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment