Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Oscar Party Menu Ideas

Since the Oscars are on sunday I thought I would share some menu ideas for anyone hosting an Oscar viewing party.  I have included some appetizer ideas, a cocktail recipe and a stunning dessert recipe from Amy Atlas.  Even though I have shared pictures of a popcorn bar in a previous blog post I had to included some fun popcorn recipes as well since no oscar viewing party would be complete without popcorn!

Appetizers

1) Three Different Types of Crostini
Left- Sweet Potato & Feta Crostini; Center- Pear, Walnut, and Ricotta Crostini;
Right- Kale & White Bean Crostini

 2) Baked Mozzarella Bites
Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: Oh, Sweet Basil

3) Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Aioli
Photo & Recipe courtesy of: Lifestyle 365
For other great appetizer recipes check out Buzzfeed's "29 Quick And Easy Oscar Party Appetizers"


Cocktail

Red Carpet-ini
Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: Taste of Home
Fun and easy cocktail idea. I always love the look of raspberries in a champagne flute.  I would substitute prosecco or sparkling wine for champagne if you are looking for an cheaper alternative. 

Main Course

Cheesy Spinach and Chicken Sliders 
Photo & recipe courtesy of: Thoughtfully Simple



Oscar parties are all about the finger food so  I liked the idea of having chicken sliders as the main course. I really liked how Tori from Thoughtfully Simple added some gold striped washi tape to wooden knives, which makes the sliders more festive and ties into the gold oscar theme. I also like that the blog post mentions that the grilled chicken strips can be found at Costco, which is a great resource if you having a lot of people over and want to get large quantities of food at a great price. 
Dessert

"walk of fame" brownies

Photo & Recipe Courtesy of: Amy Atlas
I'm a big fan of Amy Atlas and am obsessed with the dessert tables showcased in her book,
Sweet Designs: Bake It, Craft It, Style It. This brownie recipe looks pretty easy and the gold glitter painted on top of the brownies makes this the perfect addition to your oscar party. I also love the idea of using movie tickets to line your platter. 


Last, but certainly not least: Popcorn!

Photo Courtesy of: Get Party Chic


For some fun and unique popcorn recipes check out Buzzfeed's "5 Fabulous Popcorn Recipes For An Oscars Party". I personally want to try the S'mores Popcorn. Get some cute popcorn boxes and you got your self a fun way to serve popcorn. 

Looking for some decor inspiration? check out this previous blog post. 

Will you be watching the Oscars on Sunday? Share with me your favorite Oscar Party recipes in the comments section below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment