Sunday, March 1, 2015

Good Eats: February Round-Up

It's that time again: here is my Good Eats: February Round-Up. In this month's round-up I have a Connecticut based restaurant, which will probably happen from time to time since I work in Stamford, CT and my parents live in CT so I spend a lot of time there. But don't worry I have some New York places as well and will continue to share my NYC favorite spots in the months to come. This month's picks include: crepes, pasta and burgers

1)  Crepes & Delices
Photo Courtesy of: Yelp
I live a couple doors down from Crepes & Delices  so I constantly walk by and smell the delicious smell of homemade crepes. After months of walking by every day I finally decided to go in and get a crepe. I went very simple and got a dulce de leche crepe, which was good, but I wish I had chosen more toppings to make the crepe a little more interesting. The menu was very extensive and had a good combination of sweet and savory options, which makes this the perfect place for lunch/dinner or  for dessert. You can also "build your own" crepe and choose either regular or buckwheat batter and choose your own toppings.  The space is very light and cheery and a nice casual spot to meet up with friends for a coffee or tea and a crepe.



2) Harlan Publick
Short Rib Bolognese; Photo courtesy of: CT Bites














I ended up spending my birthday in CT so that night I ended up going to Harlan Publick in South Norwalk for dinner with my parents. The atmosphere is trendy and cool. This is your quintessential gastropub, with an extensive beer and cocktail menu and high-end "pub" food. I got a white sangria as my cocktail, which is always my favorite drink so automatically my meal started on a high note. We got the Korean Fried Chicken Tacos, which were great. of course, my birthday meal had to include tacos! for my entree I went with the Short Rib Bolognese, which entailed:  garganelli pasta, short rib bolognese sauce, whipped ricotta and basil. I chose this dish since it sounded interesting and I absolutely love ricotta. This was the perfect dish to have on a cold winter night and I absolutely loved the flavor combination of the short rib with the whipped ricotta and the basil added the perfect finishing touch. For dessert we had the salted caramel tart, which of course I devoured because I love anything with salted caramel. Overall,  I really enjoyed my meal at Harlan Publick and will definitely have to go back during the summer since it seems like they have a very nice outdoor seating area, so I  would love to sit outside and get a  glass of sangria and some appetizers.


3) Five Napkin Burger
Photo Courtesy Of: Tegestology

I ended up randomly eating here last weekend with my parents. We had tickets to see Kinky Boots and had about an hour to eat before the show and on our way to the theatre we saw Five Napkin Burger so we decided to give it a try. This is chain restaurant with numerous locations throughout NYC, a location in Boston and in Miami as well. We went to the Hell's Kitchen location, which is the original Five Napkin Burger. The space is huge with modern decor and a lively atmosphere.  It's  a little more upscale than shake shack, but is still casual and fun. Since we were in a rush I just ordered the original 5 napkin burger, which included: a 10 oz ground chunk, gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary aioli, which really escalated the flavor of the burger to a new level. Usually I don't like big burgers and prefer thin burgers, but the combination  of the cheese, onions and rosemary aioli worked really well together. I wish I had more time to enjoy my meal since I would have also ordered one of the fun cocktails and they have an amazing dessert menu as well and the brownie sundae looked amazing! I will definitely be checking out the upper west side location in the near future!


Photo Courtesy of: PlanMB









No comments:

Post a Comment