Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl



Its Super Bowl sunday, which is the perfect time to get together with friends, eat delicious food and enjoy some nice cold beers. For my Super Bowl party I went with a very traditional football party menu and made some 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars for dessert. A great thing about Super Bowl parties is that  a lot of food you typically serve such as ribs,chicken wings and dips can easily be bought pre-made.  This makes a Super Bowl party an ideal party to host if you enjoy entertaining but don't want the pressure of cooking.


Inspiration: My inspiration for this party came from googling Super Bowl Party table settings and seeing a lot of pictures of tables covered with fake grass or green tablecloths that were made to look like football fields. After I decided to create a football field on the table I chose to keep the rest of the decor minimal and just added a few props such as a football and mini helmet to make the table a little more visually interesting. 


Décor: The first step to creating this table was buying the indoor/outdoor carpeting from The Home Depot. I bought the 7'x 8' roll, which was $19.00 and fit my table perfectly. I also bought white electrical tape and white press on numbers to create the yard lines and numbers for my football field tabletop. I also bought some football plates and napkins for the table. I used some green tealight candles to add some more light to the room. 


Where I bought Each Item:
Green Indoor/Outdoor Carpeting & White Electrical Tape:
The Home Depot, www.homedepot.com


Football Plates & Napkins: Stew Leonards, www.stewleonards.com


Football helmet & Football: Items I found around my house. This is a great example of how you can use a lot of stuff that you already own for your party décor, which saves you a lot of money. 


Menu:
I used a lot of pre-made items for this menu to save time.


Ribs: 
www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/who-loves-ya-baby-back-recipe/index.html


Chicken Wings: pre-made from Stew Leonards


Black Bean Dip:
www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dan-smith-and-steve-mcdonagh/black-bean-dip-recipe/index.html


Guacamole: Whole Foods 


Corn Salsa: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa


Brussels Sprouts: Pre-Made from Whole Foods


Corn Bread: Used jiffy corn muffin mix and put in a 8x8 pan. 


Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars: www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/details/default.aspx?recipeID=3966


Drinks: I served Corona but for those who want more of a cocktail I recommend Sandra Lee's Beer Margarita; www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/beer-margaritas-recipe/index.html





No comments:

Post a Comment