Sunday, August 30, 2015

Back to School... College Edition

Since most college students are heading back to school I thought I would share some easy recipes that you can make in courtesy of your own dorm room! When I was a college freshman I didn't have a car so my grocery options were pretty limited, basically whatever the school "convenience store" sold. All the recipes I included are items that you should be able to buy right on campus!

I thought I would start with two dorm room staples, Ramen Noodles & Mac and Cheese.

1) Mac & Cheese 















Yes, this is actually homemade instead of from the box, but trust me it's super easy & so much better with actual cheddar cheese and not the artificial cheese from the box.
Picture & Recipe Courtesy of: babble.com

2) Ramen Noodle Upgraded



















Upgrade your average ramen noodles with a yummy sauce, which is simply peanut butter, soy sauce and sriracha! Want some other easy meal upgrade ideas? check out Buzzfeeds "14 Easy meal Upgrades For Impossibly Lazy Cooks"
Picture & Recipe Courtesy of: MarthaStewart.com

Of course, I also had to include some microwave dessert recipes as well. I wish I had found these when I was in college! Most weeknights in college I ate dinner around 6-6:30 and then around 8 I would get hungry and want something sweet so these would have been perfect!! Also, great to know about to get you through those all-nighters :) All three recipes shown below are from The Caking Girl, so make sure to check out her blog for these recipes and some more mug cake recipes ideas as well.

3) Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake Recipe

Super rich chocolate brownie cake. I didn't mix enough so got random bites of flour and sugar, which wasn't great, but overall definitely a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. If you have a smaller mug like mine I recommend cutting the recipe in half since it was too much for my mug. I also combined the ingredients for the self-rising flour in a mason jar and kept the flour in my cupboard for whenever I wanted to make another mug cake.


4) Confetti/Rainbow Sprinkles Mug Cake



















I haven't tried this recipe yet, but looked so pretty I just had to share.
Picture courtesy of: The Caking Girl


5) S'More Mug Cake



















I was on a s'mores kick and had tons of extra mini marshmallows and graham crackers so I made this S'mores mug cake. I had the same issues i listed above so I'll try again making 1/2 the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment