Sunday, June 14, 2015

Trader Joe's Bruschetta 3 Ways...

Back in February in my Book Review: Cooking with all things Trader Joe's blog post I discussed the Black Beans and Ricotta Stuffed Portobello recipe.  After making the stuffed portobello mushrooms I started to think of other ways I could use the bruschetta sauce, ricotta and black bean combination and here is what I came up with...

Top Left- toast with bruschetta and ricotta cheese, Top Right- Bruschetta and shrimp naan pizza, Bottom- Bruschetta chicken

Scrambled eggs with bruschetta over toast
I made this for breakfast last sunday, which was super filling and the perfect breakfast/brunch.

Ingredients (serves 1):
1 egg
1 piece of whole grain toast
1/4 cup of trader joe's fresh bruschetta
1/2 cup of black beans
2 tablespoons of chopped bell peppers (I use trader joe's frozen bell peppers)
2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese

Directions:
1. Crack egg into bowl, add milk and thoroughly mix
2. Put eggs in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. 
3. Spread ricotta onto piece of whole grain toast
4. Toast until lightly browned
5. Heat black beans and peppers on stove or in microwave
6. Add bruschetta on top of ricotta on top  of the toast with ricotta then add the scrambled eggs
7. Add black beans and peppers over the eggs.

Bruschetta, Ricotta and Shrimp Naan Pizza           
Naan pizza has became one of my new favorite things. It's extremely versatile and always turns out great. I served with a side of broccoli and some grilled veggies.

Ingredients (serves 1):
1 piece of Trader Joe's Plain Naan
1/4 cup of bruschetta
1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of black beans
2 tablespoons of chopped bell peppers (I use trader joe's frozen bell peppers)

 Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Microwave shrimp for 2 minutes
3.  Add 1/4 cup of bruschetta over the naan and then add ricotta, black beans, peppers and shrimp
4. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Pizza is done when the cheese is melted.

Bruschetta Chicken
I had wanted to try bruschetta chicken for awhile now. It was actually one of the first things I pinned when I started to become obsessed with Pinterest around 3 years ago. I decided to make a simplified version with ready made bruschetta over poached chicken breasts. I served with quinoa and zucchini from Trader Joe's Misto alls Griglia.

Ingredients (serves 2):
2 poached chicken breasts (I use this recipe when poaching chicken)
1/2 cup of bruschetta sauce
a few pieces of zucchini from Trader Joe's Misto alla Griglia

Directions:
1) Microwave chicken for 1 minute or until heated
2) Top with Trader Joe's fresh bruschetta sauce
3)  Microwave zucchini based on directions on package

No comments:

Post a Comment