Sunday, March 18, 2012

St.Patrick's Day Dinner Party

I hope that everyone had a wonderful St.Patrick's Day! I wanted to share a St.Patrick's day dinner I created. I cooked traditional Irish food and used a green and white color scheme for my table


Inspiration: I knew that my St.Patrick's day table would feature the standard St.Patrick's day items such as; shamrocks, St.Patrick's day hats & shamrock garland. I had the green & white polka dot picture frame in my bedroom and I knew it would look perfect on the table. I love how the picture frame looks with the glitter shamrock inside. I also loved the Crate&Barrel Chase Green Plate and thought the plates would be a nice addition to the table. 


Décor: I decided to use a white tablecloth so that the green decorative items would pop on the table. I also decided to put the shamrock garland in the apothecary jar to add some height to the table. I scattered some glitter green shamrocks on the table, which gave the table some sparkle. I also bought some beautiful green & white flowers from Whole Foods. I found the "Lucky" cup at Party City and thought that the green & white lollipops would look good in the cup.  As a final touch I added some green votive candles, which gave the room some much needed light. 



Where I Brought Each Item: 
St.Patrick's Day hats, glitter shamrocks, "lucky" cup, garland and shamrock toothpicks (in the cupcakes): 
Party City, www.partycity.com


Plates: Create&Barrel,
Chase Green Plate;www.crateandbarrel.com


Apothecary Jar: Crate&Barrel, Delfina Covered Jar Small; www.crateandbarrel.com


Plastic Beer Mugs: www.partycheap.com/Plastic_Beer_Mug_p/50972.htm


Green & White Lollipops: 
www.orientaltrading.com/swirl-pops-light-green-a2-5_1491-12-1.fltr?Ntt=light+green+swirl+pop




Menu:
I knew that I wanted traditional Irish dishes for my St.Patrick's day menu. When I was in Ireland 2 years ago my friend & I had a delicious Beef & Guinness stew in a pub in Galway and I wanted to find a recipe to recreate that amazing stew. 


Irish Beer Bread & Garlic Dip: 
www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/813562/st-patrick-s-
day-party-menu-1


Self-Rising Flour Substitute: 
www.cdkitchen.com/features/tip/528/self-Rising-Flour-Substitute




Beef & Guinness Stew:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/690/beef+and+guinness+stew


Cupcakes: Pre-made from Stop & Shop


Beer: I served guinness & I also served magic hat (which is pictured in previous pictures with green food coloring). I decided to use a light beer such as magic hat so that I could add green food coloring to the beer & create green beer. (Not so easy to tell in these pictures)








No comments:

Post a Comment