Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Dessert & Cocktail Party

While the holiday season might be over I wanted to share a dessert & cocktail party that I created and hopefully this will be able to put you back into the holiday spirit. 





Inspiration: One of my favorite sources for inspiration is "Hostess {with the mostess}"; www.hostessblog.com. I was especially drawn to the red & white themed parties showcased on Hostess With the Mostess so that was the color palette I chose to use for my party. I also decided to add a touch of green (through the christmas ornaments) to add a little visual interest to the table. 



Décor: For this table I used two apothecary jars (one I filled with red and green christmas ornaments and the other I filled with candy canes and peppermint candies), red candle holders and styrofoam cones that I covered with red glitter glue. 








Where I bought each item:
Apothecary Jars: Crate & Barrel, Delfina Covered Jar Small; www.crateandbarrel.com


Candleholders: Crate & Barrel, Diaz Red Candleholder small


Red & Green Ornaments: CVS; www.cvs.com 


Styrofoam Cones & Red Glitter: Michaels Arts & Crafts; www.michaels.com


Round Red Plates: Crate & Barrel, Delilah Red Plate; www.crateandbarrel.com


Square Serving Plates: Pier 1, www.pier1.com


Paper Lining Serving Plates: www.hostessblog.com/2011/11/new-vintage-glam-holiday-theme-free-party-printables/


* The Raspberry Cheesecake Parfait shooters were served in the mini parfait set from Pier 1 and the White Chocolate Peppermint mouse was served in the mini martini glasses, which were also from Pier 1


Menu: 

Raspberry Cheesecake Parfait Shooters: www.hwtm.com/themes/christmas/vintage_glam_holiday/party_decor


White Chocolate Peppermint Mouse:
www.hwtm.com/themes/christmas/vintage_glam_holiday/party_decor


Cupcakes: Bought from Billy's Bakery in NYC; www.billysbakerynyc.com



Candy Cane Cocktail: www.marthastewart.com/318807/candy-cane-cocktail


Cupcake Lollipops: Bought from Starbucks, www.starbucks.com


Additional Desserts (not photographed):
Peppermint Cheesecake Bars: www.bhg.com/recipe/cheesecake/swirls-of-peppermint-cheesecake-bars
Candy Cane Thumbprint Cookies: www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/candy-cane-thumbprints/







No comments:

Post a Comment